Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hobby Update


So the updates have been less than frequent as of late. My wife had a baby a few weeks ago, and I've been rather preoccupied with daddy duties. What hobby time I've been able to get usually comes in 15-30 minute chunks before I'm called away. Here are some pictures of what I've been working on lately:

I'm working on a commission for a Sisters of Battle army. One squad is finished, and I'm about 50% on two other squads.

I've started painting an Assault on Black Reach force for my local store. The Warboss is almost finished, and the first squad of Boyz have only their green flesh painted.



Project Space Marine is still underway. When my computer crashed last year, I lost all my WIP pictures for the marines that I had started. I'm almost finished with all the white marines (the ones who will be carrying only bolters).


Here's a group shot of the marines that I have finished thus far. Do you think they look enough like a cohesive force? I'm thinking of putting some sort of icon on one of their kneepads affiliating them with the Inquisition. Do you think that's enough, or should I do something more?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the young one. Your painting is looking great, glad to see it. It encourages me to paint my Tau more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, congrats on the baby! When kiddos arrive on the scene, they throw quite a hobby curve ball.

    The Project Space Marine is an awesome idea, keep it up! As far as cohesion, I don't think it matters (even though they look good together). I think it's a perk of running vanilla marines that most people don't take advantage of, running a mixed force. I plan to do that myself, but probably on a squad basis.

    And nice bases, reminds me of the VCT I use on mine.

    ReplyDelete