Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

August in Indy - a monthly review

This month, I thought I'd do something a little different.  Instead of highlighting what I've been up to this month, I wanted to highlight what the Indy blog circle has been up to this month.

If you have a blog and are tied to Indianapolis (from here, living here, etc.), drop me a line and I'll be happy to add you to the blogroll.

-Games 2 Die 4 had a tournament at the beginning of the month.  I was unable to attend, but SandWyrm and Farmpunk have some good articles covering the event.

-CaulynDarr, inspired by the tournament, built a display board for his already impressive-looking Eldar army.

-SandWyrm answers a painting question from a Tyranid player.  SandWyrm has a background in art, and his painting advice always draws on color theory and inspires me to paint more.  Here and here are another conversation with some Tau players about their color choices.

-SandWyrm has been working on his Sanguinary Guard army.  He posts a battle report here against Spaguatyrine's Space Wolves.  Here he shows off his test model for the army - very nice.

-Support By Fire adds some Crimson Fists to his Black Templars for a Declates Crusade force.  Since I play a Crimson Fists crusade force using the Black Templar rules, this post has a special place in my heart :)

-I added 5 new tutorials to the Project Space Marine page:  White Templars, Praetors of Orpheus, Angels of Vengeance, Heralds of Ultramar, and Iron Lords.

-I also got my shipment of Greatcoat Troopers from Wargames Factory.  You can see my review of the models, as well as a painted example, here.


-I got in a tournament at the end of the month-and won!


Let me know how you like this new format of monthly review.  I enjoy highlighting what's going on in Indy besides what I am up to.  Again, if you have a blog related to Indy, send me an e-mail at: indy40k@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. This is a cool way to post up whats going in close to home, I really like it. I would like to see more posts like this as well, keep up the good work, and Templars/ Crimson Fists are my favorite of the Marine Chapters as well.

    ReplyDelete