Here's another installment of what's been going on around Indy this last month or so.
First, let me congratulate The Back 40k on getting its 200th follower. This blog (to which I am an infrequent contributor), is made up of competitively-minded gamers with a real passion for upping the level of play in 40k. There are also some of the best hobby and painting articles that I've come across on the internet. SandWyrm's articles on color theory and tutorials on his set-back Chimeras are some that every hobby-ist should check out. Here's a small selection of articles that I particularly enjoyed:
painting Tau Battle Suits, color theory part 1, part 2, part 3, converting the Chimera part 1, part 2
Now that I've got that out of the way, on with the recap!!
- SandWyrm hits us with some MathHammer, telling us why Vendettas are either awesome or terrible (depending on which side of the table you're on).
- SandWyrm plays against JB's Orks. The pictorial has some great shots of great-looking models.
- Archfiend of Dezdemon comes out of hiding and is starting a Blood Bowl league. Maybe it's time to dust off my Snotling team...
- I played in my first team tournament with Caanaan. CaulynDarr gives his recap of the event here. We finished respectably, with a 2-1 record. Here's my recap of the event where I also talk about battle scoring in tournaments.
- SandWyrm followed this up with further discussion about why GW's old model of battle points encourages douchebaggery.
- TheGraveMind played a game against Spaguatyrine's Space Wolves. Many pictures were taken.
- Farmpunk talks about his Necromunda itch. I'm a huge Necromunda fan, and have 4 gangs collecting dust on the shelf. GW's Specialist Games are, for the most part, really solid games. The rules are usually well-balanced (believe it or not), and the models are really different from what you're used to.
- Our friends up in Muncie take some time off from class to talk about Dreadnoughts.
- Spaguatyrine played in an impromptu tournament late in the month on the east side of town. He recounts the event here. No pictures, but he details his lessons learned. Good read for anyone.
- SandWyrm vigorously rubs his lamp and wishes for change in the future of 40k 6th ed.
- Loki breaks down the benefits and weaknesses of the Rhino vs. the Razorback.
- TheGraveMind is coming back with his Tyranids! Here, he MathHammers the differences between the Tervigon and a brood of Warriors.
I've not been terribly busy this month. Work has been crazy, and I haven't gotten much decent hobby time to myself. I'm continuing work on both the tech-cult guard and SOB commission, and I hope to have some new pics of those up shortly.